Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Mini Additions



On Saturday, August 23rd, we got two mini horses. These horses were long awaited by both Travis & Patterson. We had not told Patterson that we were getting any yet and when Patterson's Grandma & Papa Danielson pulled into the driveway hauling a horse trailer he jus thought they were their horses. When we opened up the back he said "Those don't look like the same horses you have Papa."
"That's because they are ours." I told him.
The look on his face was priceless, and then he started to whoop and jump around. It was so cute. Travis told him he was going to have to help us with them, and Patterson agreed. He is now the official "pooper scooper" and he can't wait to get started.
Yesterday, I went out and cleaned their hooves, groomed and trimmed their mane and tail, and brushed them down. And guess what the first thing they did after I was done walking them? They rolled around in the dirt and got themselves filthier than they were in the first place. The stinkers.
Patterson and Corbin also got to ride Susie Q (the dark brown gruela). They thought it was awesome, until Susie Q decided she wanted to check out our other animals, especially Never Be Bacon, our potbelly pig. Then I had to take Corbin off because Susie wasn't minding very well.
Our other horse is a pinto and she has an F on her right side. We are undecided on what to call her. At the moment we are calling her Fancy. We feel it would be cool to find a name that starts with an F. If anyone has any suggestions please post your comments. Fancy is a little more skittish than Susie Q, but she is starting to come around. They are both used to being around children, so they are a great addition to our family.
My friend Kara and her kids came over yesterday and I wasn't quite sure what the horses were going to do. But they came right over and started poking their noses out through the fence, begging for pets and carrots. Her kids loved the horses and our other animals.
Both of our little mini's are a little tubby around the middle, so we are going to put them on an exercise program. I want to start taking them on walks, just like you would a dog. I plan to use them to help me train for my runs. It will help us both out. Yes, I am sure I will get some weird looks, as I run down the road leading a small horse, but everybody needs a good laugh.

4 comments:

Andersen Girls said...

how exciting! I have always wanted horses. Hope you enjoy lots and have lots of fun. They are pretty too!

Karey said...

We have always loved those little horses. How fun! Perfect for little boys. So tell me about these runs you are training for?

Heather Lay said...

I'm so happy for you guys! How much fun is that! Way to be Mom of the year. Can't wait to read the book. Heather Lay

Kristin and Seth said...

They look like tons of fun! I'm so glad you are blogging, it's so fun!