Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Prodigal Returns

Wow! Time has flown by since my last entry. I am still alive, I just have not been kicking much. I have had some motivation issues in a lot a areas (pretty much everything) but I have returned. Thanksgiving and Christmas were both wonderful.

At Thanksgiving, we surprised Travis's sister by showing up on her doorstep in Seattle WA without here knowing we were coming. Here husband was in on it, though. It had been almost five years since Travis and Liz had seen each other, and when she opened the door, she burst into tears, and then just held onto him for a while. I don't know how many times she said "Oh my goodness," but it had to have been over 50. We had a great time with them.

For Christmas, we stayed home and had a very easy going Christmas. Travis got me a Guitar Hero which I love a lot more than I thought I would. I have wanted one for years, but could never justify the cost, but hey it was Christmas and some things can be frivolous. Patterson got an electric guitar from Santa and is now in his fourth month of lessons and doing awesome. Corbin got a lot of coloring and drawing stuff along with his own Guitar Hero Air Guitar. Travis didn't get anything guitar related, but he did get some aviation stuff he'd been wanting.

I am currently training for a Triathalon scheduled for the end of May, and I am very excited to see how I do. I love to challenge myself and do difficult things. The biggest challenge will be the swimming portion. It is only a sprint distance triathalon (500 yds of swimming, a 5K run, and a 12.4 mile bike segment) Cheer me on, on May 30th.

2 comments:

Lisa J. Michaels said...

YOU GO GIRL! That is awesome! I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to read all about it. That should make for a great blog entry.

Nice to see you're back at it...Blog on my SCBWI friend!

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

I am so glad to see you back to blogging! I know you live a very hectic life, but i love to see you update :)