Thursday, May 27, 2010

Writer's Write

I sit down and adjust my chair closer to the computer,
shake my hands out then place them carefully on the keys,
pointers on F and J, and then I stare at the flashing cursor.
All the thoughts and ideas I have had all day flee,
leaving an empty "aaaaahhhh" in my head.

I've been told writer's write, but what do you write when you have nothing to write?
Well, I guess you blog.

So here's another tip for you writer's out there.

WRITE AT LEAST ONE HOUR EACH DAY

For some of you, like me, it is hard to dedicate an hour block of time, so most of the time my hour each day is made up of five minutes here, ten minutes there. But I do write most of the time, and come on let's be honest, if you call yourself a writer, then you'd better write.

And here's a bonus tip

WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW

Which means, write about things you have personally experienced and/or things you have learned, understand and have a passion for, ie history of the Maya people, building of the Great Wall of China, etc.

No comments: